Caledonia Caledonia Country Hostel - Information and picture. Click here.
Discover Caledonia, visitors information centre website
North Queens Firefighter�s Breakfast, a fundraiser for the service,is held in the Caledonia fire hall on the third Saturday of every month from 7 to 11 am and includes eggs, bacon, toast, homemade hash browns, old-fashioned baked beans, and coffee or juice. Cost $6.
Christmas Bootyis an annual fundraiser for Privateer Days celebrations. Each year, for a few weeks leading up to the grand booty draw about a week before Christmas, tickets are sold at various locations, including the Liverpool Sobeys and Superstore in Queens County. Each week, winning tickets go back into the draw for the following week, until the big draw. Ticket holders have chances more than $3,000 in prizes and gift certificates donated by local merchants.
Churches Brooklyn United Baptist Church was built in 1872, five years after the initial meeting was held in the home of Edmund Starratt. The first church was built in Sandy Cove in 1821.
Clams that are found about 2 to 5 inches deep in sand flats along our coast are of the soft-shell (mya arenaria) variety. Due to sewage and septic contamination in some areas, one has to know the safe locations before collecting and eating this bivalve (two-shelled shellfish).
Collins, Enos - seaman, merchant, financier, and legislator Biography
Computers Computer Tutor Basics - computer help for beginners, Thomas H. Raddall Library, Liverpool, Thursdays, 5 to 8 pm. Phone 354-5270 to make your appointment.
Computer Recycler - Brenda Cunningham, Liverpool
Cowie�s Tannery-Andrew Cowie came in 1816, at the age of 18, from Scotland to Nova Scotia, first to Halifax, then Lunenburg. He later arrived in Liverpool where he was a dry goods merchant and in 1820 married Janet More, the daughter of businessman, John More who had established a tannery in 1810. Four years later, he sold half the business to Simeon Perkins. It was abandoned due to the War of 1812 but in 1821, Andrew Cowie began restoring the tannery of which he then became co-owner with John More. When More retired in 1832, A. Cowie & Sons continued with what became known as the largest tannery in Queens County. The tannery was located on the west side of the Mersey River in the area of the current public well.
Custom Design Cyclesspecializes in building custom motorcycle parts. Click here.